Healers are indispensable members in a party in MMORPGs like the Elder Scrolls Online. But not every player wants to invest on a healer character of their own, because they think healers are ‘weak’ and ‘boring to use’. Today’s guide will feature a suggested healer build by TechnoMHendo for Argonian Templars on your ESO account, which could change your mind about healers.
Creating an Argonian Templar Healer for ESO Account Holders
TechnoMHendo’s take on a healer is an Argonian Templar using a Restoration Staff and Light Armor. The first bar you will see is used when it’s better to fight, and the second bar is used when it’s better to heal. Note that both bars have healing capacities, but the second one solely focuses on healing.
SKILL POINTS ON YOUR ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE ACCOUNT
TechnoMHendo recommends adding INTIMIDATING PRESENCE and PERSUASIVE WILL from the guilds, and also maxed out ALCHEMY, on your TESO account for this build to be fully effective.
Argonian Templar Healer First Bar Abilities for ESO Account Holders
- PURIFYING LIGHT and REFLECTIVE LIGHT are your attack spells. Purifying Light works with any damage (and not just your damage), and together, the two spells provide a multiple target snare and a delayed area of effect heal over time. Incidentally, Reflective Light is a prerequisite to get Purifying Light.
- SANGUINE ALTAR, RING OF PRESERVATION, and RADIANT AURA are stamina-based guild skills. The latter is a slotted skill that boosts health and stamina regen. They are not the heaviest health return, however they are great to use while warming up a fight while everyone is mostly topped off.
- ULTIMATE PRACTICED INCANTATION is here in case you need to switch to harder healing bottom bar. Save up while fighting and use as necessary. LIGHT WEAVER boosts this spell with 25 armor/spell resistance. FOCUSED HEALING boosts this to add +30% healing.
Argonian Templar Healer Second Bar Abilities for ESO Account Holders
- INNER LIGHT adds a whopping +20% critical strike chance. Add that with PRODIGY from light armor for another +10%. Finish off with spells from the RESTORING LIGHT tree benefiting from MENDING to get up to an additional +30% and you have a +30% to +60% chance for most of your heals to crit.
- RESTORING FOCUS and EXTENDED RITUAL are two AoEs that benefit from FOCUSED HEALING to give any ally in the circle +30% healing. RESTORING FOCUS gives an extra +15% on its own and armor/spell resistance. EXTENDED RITUAL gives a negative effect cleanse and a slow AoE HoT.
- MUTAGEN and RESTORATION STAFF, a lingering heal over time that bumps itself to a direct heal if the target goes under 20% health – definitely a must! This synergizes well with RESTORATION EXPERT to give an additional +15% health to any ally under 30% health. With its low cost, this is great to have running on your allies. Additionally, ESSENCE DRAIN gives a small heal when using heavy restoration staff attacks.
- BREATH OF LIFE instant heals three targets. Incorporate it with all the boosts mentioned below, and this spell will undoubtedly work like a charm!
Argonian Templar Healer Enhancements Overview for ESO Account Holders
- +5% healing via Restoration Master.
- +15% healing targets under 30% health via Restoration Expert.
- +30% healing inside Focused Healing circles (+45% with Restoring Focus) via Practiced Incantation, Extended Ritual, and Restoring Focus along with Focused Healing.
- +30% to +60% Crit Chance for heals via Inner Light, Prodigy, and Mending.
- Argonian race for +6% to healing received and better potion use.
- Master Ritualist for better resurrections.
And there you have it – a viable healer you can try on your Elder Scrolls Online account. Hope this changes your opinion about healers being ‘weak’ and ‘boring to play’!