A whole new adventure begins for The Elder Scrolls Online weapons collectors, because now you’ll able to revisit Orsinium for the first time since The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall! If you haven’t gotten the DLC yet (which was released yesterday, November 2nd), read below for all the bits and updates you should know!
Orsinium Launch for Elder Scrolls Online Weapons Collectors
ESO’s Creative Director, Rich Lambert, is pleased to announce that Elder Scrolls Online items collectors will be able to explore the ancestral home of the Orcs, Orsinium, and has left a message for all of us:
Welcome, everyone, to our second DLC game pack – Orsinium! This is by far our largest DLC to date, and one of the largest zones we’ve ever built. There is a huge amount of content to discover with tons of new quests, group bosses, delves, public dungeons, new items, and of course the PVE game mode – the Maelstrom Arena. The team has really outdone themselves with Orsinium and I know you are going to be amazed when you get in and experience what has been built. Orsinium isn’t just a new zone, however. The base game patch for this DLC includes a large number of quality of life improvements that everyone gets access to including controller support, battle leveling updates, subtitles, shield dyeing, LFG improvements, and the Champion Point cap and catch-up system. We’re committed to the continual improvement of the game and making sure we’re delivering a high quality, fun experience for all. I know a lot of you are already asking, “What’s next for ESO?” Well… aside from a short, well deserved holiday break for the team, our focus is on the Thieves Guild DLC. With it comes a new Trial as well as a myriad of other bug fixes and quality of life improvements. We will have more details on the Thieves Guild and the other DLCs in the New Year. Here’s to an exciting Orsinium launch and to even more exciting things to come!
New Content, Unlockables, and What to Expect for Elder Scrolls Online Weapons Collectors
We’ve already briefed you about Orsinium in our previous articles, as well as the new areas open to players for exploration and treasure hunting, but in case you needed some more convincing in picking up the DLC, Orsinium unlocks the mountains of Wrothgar, and to the Orc capital itself, to unravel plots and counter-plots, and encounter all-new enemies and allies. You can choose to explore this vast new zone as a lone wolf or with friends, play through the quests, face the challenges of the Maelstrom Arena, or team up with fellow Elder Scrolls Online items collectors to take on the new public dungeons and world bosses to reap the rightful rewards—there are tons of things to do in the DLC.
- Over 20 hours of new story content and quests
- A long-awaited exploration of the culture of Tamriel’s Orcs
- A colossal new zone available to characters of all levels
- A new single-player progressive challenge, The Maelstrom Arena
- Available in Normal and Veteran versions
- Grants special Elder Scrolls Online items rewards only obtainable by completing arenas
- Includes class-specific leaderboards, so you can see how you match up against your fellow combatants
- Quests and objectives that contribute to rebuilding the city of Orsinium
- Two large public dungeons, Old Orsinium and Rkindaleft, featuring all-new challenges for both solo and group play
- Special harvest nodes that scale to the most advanced material type your character can use for crafting Elder Scrolls Online weapons / armor
- Six new challenging world bosses to face and defeat
- Powerful new Elder Scrolls Online weapons / armor, unique crafting styles, and other rewards inspired by the history and denizens of Wrothgar
- Four new Provisioner recipes—exclusive in Wrothgar
- 18 powerful new Elder Scrolls Online items sets including 6 ability-altering weapons, 9 sets obtained by participating in activities in Wrothgar, and 3 new craftable sets
- The Ancient Orc crafting style
- Six new collectible costumes only available in Wrothgar
- Over an hour of brand new in-game musical score
DLC Pack and Base Game Patch for Elder Scrolls Online Weapons Collectors
As with the previous DLCs, Orsinium comes in two parts: the DLC game pack, and the base-game patch. The base-game patch will be available to everyone who already owns TESO, and the DLC game pack will automatically download with it, allowing you instant access to the new content when you purchase it, or activate an ESO Plus™ membership. Sounds like a pretty good deal to us!
So, what are you waiting for, TESO fans? New Elder Scrolls Online items, content, mounts, treasures, and areas to explore await you in Orsinium!